Here is another service that still exists albeit with a different service number. The 230 between Sunderland and Hartlepool has now been replaced by services 23/23A/23B/23C. Some of these routes still traverse the entire route whilst others terminate at Peterlee. The service is still ran jointly by Go North East and Arriva North East (or Northern and United as they were then known) which is something of an oddity these days. I’m not sure how this arrangement was handled in 1979 but in 2011 it is hugely simplified with Arriva running the day service, and GNE operating on Evening and Sundays.
Tag Archive: 230
- 1966: 76 Newcastle – Fellside/77 Newcastle – Leazes/78 Newcastle – Lobley Hill/79 Newcastle – Stanley
- The Mis-shaping of British Railways: A Retort by the National Union of Railwaymen.
- 588 Request. North East Buses Website.
- TWPTE (1979): 234 Houghton-le-Spring – Stockton
- TWPTE (1979): 231/X5 Newcastle – Hartlepool
- TWPTE (1979): 230 Sunderland – Hartlepool
- TWPTE (1979): 218/219/220/X3 Sunderland – Durham(X3/220)/Bishop Auckland(218/219)
- TWPTE (1979): 217 Sunderland – Darlington
- TWPTE (1979): 215 Sunderland – Wheatley Hill
- TWPTE (1979): 214 Sunderland – Middlesbrough
Browse popular tags