In all of the Tyne and Wear PTE I’ve seen up until 1985, the 234 was also known simpy as ‘Trimdon’. Operated by Trimdon Motor Services, this bus operated between Houghton-le-Spring and Stockton via Salters Lane (which included the villages of Haswell and Wingate), through the Trimdoms and Fishburn to Sedgefield and down the A177 to Stockton. In later years, this service was extended from Houghton into Sunderland and operated by United after TMS sold their business to them.
Tag Archive: 234
- 1966: 76 Newcastle – Fellside/77 Newcastle – Leazes/78 Newcastle – Lobley Hill/79 Newcastle – Stanley
- The Mis-shaping of British Railways: A Retort by the National Union of Railwaymen.
- 588 Request. North East Buses Website.
- TWPTE (1979): 234 Houghton-le-Spring – Stockton
- TWPTE (1979): 231/X5 Newcastle – Hartlepool
- TWPTE (1979): 230 Sunderland – Hartlepool
- TWPTE (1979): 218/219/220/X3 Sunderland – Durham(X3/220)/Bishop Auckland(218/219)
- TWPTE (1979): 217 Sunderland – Darlington
- TWPTE (1979): 215 Sunderland – Wheatley Hill
- TWPTE (1979): 214 Sunderland – Middlesbrough
Browse popular tags