Unlike the other Sunderland to Darlington service, this one was operated jointly by Northern and United and operated through Houghton-le-Spring, West Rainton and skirts around Durham City Centre by serving the villages to the east (Pittington, Sherburn) before going to Coxhoe, Ferryhill and Newton Aycliffe.
Tag Archive: Sherburn
- 1966: 76 Newcastle – Fellside/77 Newcastle – Leazes/78 Newcastle – Lobley Hill/79 Newcastle – Stanley
- The Mis-shaping of British Railways: A Retort by the National Union of Railwaymen.
- 588 Request. North East Buses Website.
- TWPTE (1979): 234 Houghton-le-Spring – Stockton
- TWPTE (1979): 231/X5 Newcastle – Hartlepool
- TWPTE (1979): 230 Sunderland – Hartlepool
- TWPTE (1979): 218/219/220/X3 Sunderland – Durham(X3/220)/Bishop Auckland(218/219)
- TWPTE (1979): 217 Sunderland – Darlington
- TWPTE (1979): 215 Sunderland – Wheatley Hill
- TWPTE (1979): 214 Sunderland – Middlesbrough
Browse popular tags